Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM importing raster get the an error "there is no valid data source to import"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
david
1236 Views, 1 Reply

AIM importing raster get the an error "there is no valid data source to import"

hi all thanks for taking the time to review and answer.

as the title i get the following erroe when i try to import a raster to overlay. it will import the file if i change it to a
.BMP?? but not a jpeg, tif ect.

the problem is when i import as BMP it takes a long time have managed to import 1 raster in sucessfully as BMP nothing showed up... all other times coumputer usally gives up - workstation is fairly good spec to..

i left one to run overnigt when i came in the next morning it said there was 24hours remaning i checked the TileCache in the project folder and it had exceeded 3GB this cant be right??

any one have a solution??

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
konstantin.baumann
in reply to: david

note, that BMP is usually not used for raster overlays since there is no standard way to georeference this type of images...

in order to drap a raster file onto the terrain surface that raster needs to be georeferenced (and you need to know the coordinate system for that georeferencing information).

to start with: do you have the georeferencing information (e.g. of the lower left and upper right corner) and the corresponding coordinate system at hand?

you get best results with georeferenced GeoTIFFs, georeferenced JPEGs, ECWs, and MrSID files, BTW...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report