Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM crashing system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shaneg
628 Views, 2 Replies

AIM crashing system

AIM 2013 is causing a system issue for one of my CAD users.  We've been able to replicate it several times and have an Event log to back it up (which I am chasing via Google).  After about 5 minutes of use (Imported data or the included samples), the system shuts down all periphereals (video, USB).  System is unresponsive (still has power, DVD drives open and close) but no input will "wake" it and it must be hard booted.  On reboot, we get the typical "Windows has recovered from a crash" message. We've had the system resources screen open watching for RAM or CPU spikes, but there is no indication of an issue before the system crashes. 

System specs are as follows:

Dell Precision T1600

Xeon E31270 3.4GHz (8 core)

8 GB RAM

1 GB Nvidia GT 430

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Event log:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WMI

Event ID:      10

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

Description:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: shaneg

i highly dobut its a infrastructure modeler isse

its probably a hardware issue

i would start looking at the graphics card and see if thats the problem

Infrastructure modeler is a graphics card intensive program

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: shaneg

I agree with DarrenP.  What you could try is go to your Options, click on 3D Generation, to the right, Change the Generator Threads to a different number.  Mine is set to 4.  You might want to try 8.  Play around with these numbers and see if this helps.

Todd Rogers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report