Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM 2013 not opening

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
deetersmith
1774 Views, 5 Replies

AIM 2013 not opening

I have downloaded AIM 2013 to try for 30 days in hopes that I can get the powers that be to purchase a copy.  I got it downloaded and installed but it will not open.  I have done a repair, unilstall, reinstall (rebooting between each process) and nothing will work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tomfukushima
in reply to: deetersmith

Can you try removing the following two DLLs in your C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Infrastructure Modeler 2013 directory? 

AIM_Scenario.aimplugin.dll

AIM_Service.aimplugin.dll

Also, it would help us if you report as to whether that resolved your issue or not.

Thanks

Tom Fukushima
Software Development Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
deetersmith
in reply to: tomfukushima

Neither of the .dll's are in the directory. deeter allmond Smith GIS Administrator Okaloosa Gas District 364 Valparaiso Pkwy Valparaiso, FL 32580 850.729.4869 deetersmith@okaloosagas.com
Message 4 of 6
stuart.hide

I have recently installed Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013 - all prodcuts installed successfully without any errors.  All products work fine - apart from Infrastructure Modeller.  Double clicking on the shortcut on the desktop does nothing - there is no activity in the task manager.  

Does anyone know how to fix this.

Thank you very much.

Stuart Hide

Message 5 of 6
deetersmith
in reply to: stuart.hide

I had a similar problem when loading on my laptop. Apparently AIM does not work with an integrated graphic card. Everything worked fine on my desktop. Hope this helps. deeter allmond Smith GIS Administrator Okaloosa Gas District 364 Valparaiso Pkwy Valparaiso, FL 32580 850.729.4869 deetersmith@okaloosagas.com
Message 6 of 6
3ddy!

So, we battled this for several days. Turns out it's a naming issue. We're running McAffee anti-virus on the workstations. Our office policy prohibits the use of AOL Instant Messenger, so you can't install or open that application. Which is why you can't open InfraWorks. How does that relate? Both AOL and Infraworks have the same executable name - they're both AIM.exe.

Internally, we're trying to get IT to change the policy. I hope Autodesk might acknowledge the problem and suggest a new name for the executable file.

It works great on computers not running any virus scanning software.

eddy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report