Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

African areal imagery

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Totros
388 Views, 4 Replies

African areal imagery

Hi!

I was creating a model for a site in Africa. I am having problems making my model look realistic. Any suggestions where i can get free areal imagery. I tried using USGS national map viewer and its not loading on my pc. I have tried at least 3 different PC's and it just doesn't load. Any solutions to this problem as I will definitely need it for other models as well.

Thank you for your time!

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Totros

Hi,

have you tried the model builder of InfraWorks?
If there is terrain data and aerial imagery available it will automatically load it from Bing Maps - amongst other data such as Open Street Map.

Regards,
Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5
Totros
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten, Thank you very much for replying to my post! 

The problem with me using model builder is that i cannot alter the terrain on the data sources. i.e. I wanted to scale up the terrain height by a factor of 2 and I get the error message below. 

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Totros

Hi,

this is as designed. If you want to change the z-scale of the terrain data you need to have the data source available (locally) since InfraWorks wants tr re-calculate the display. Since the data from the Model Builder originates from Bing Maps you do not have the option to edit these.

How about using free SRTM data for the surface? This data is available globally.

Regards,
Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 5
Totros
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Thanks Karsten, That answers my question. I will try and download the SRTM from the USGS. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report