Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Bridge - Invalid Location

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Partenheimer
795 Views, 3 Replies

Add Bridge - Invalid Location

Has anyone had any experience with InfraWorks refusal to insert a Design Bridge into a Design Road?

While attempting to add such a bridge, I picked my bridge start point followed by the end point. After a moment of calulation, InfraWorks gave me an "Invalid Location" error. (See attached image).

The only other time I've seen that message is when I inadvertently picked a point already within another bridge "zone". That's not the case here. ...and it's not only this location on my design road.

TIA

Michael Partenheimer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you tried raising the road up in this area?  It looks like the design road is really close to the terrain.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 4

Hi Todd, Thank you for the reply.

This is actually a river crossing. The roadway (plan & profile) is at the designed location so a change here is not desired. The existing surface is off... especially with the adjacent existing bridge affecting the surface elevation.

The model is for a flyover so there is no actual need for a design bridge. It's just been easy to use them for visualization modeling.

I have been unable to resolve the (design bridge) issue at this location so I simply used a sketch road bridge style to eliminate the roadway side slopes and add bridge pylons.

Curious though... I'm certain this is something I've assigned in my model, I just can't find what that "something" is.

Message 4 of 4
protoanima
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

how to make a valid location, to get pass over the river with a design road bridge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report