Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Models missing texture

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
frosty1_4me
2773 Views, 6 Replies

3d Models missing texture

Hi,

Not sure why this happens.  I have some 3d models that when I import them into the Style Palette they lose the texture and color which is shown in the original file.  Those same models seem to have the same problem no matter the file type (3ds, obj, fbx, dae) and since they look correct in those formats I can only assume it's an issue with IWs 2014. 

How can I correct this issue?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
k.lew
in reply to: frosty1_4me

You need your materials and model to be in the same folder.

So when you export from Sketchup to dae, drag the dae into the materials folder. 

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 7
frosty1_4me
in reply to: k.lew

Thanks, that may have been the problem.  I'm still missing some parts of the model but that could just be how it is created.

Message 4 of 7
frosty1_4me

I'm still struggling with this.  I have some models (fbx,dae, or 3ds all the same issue) where i placed the main file in the same directory as where all the image files are located but when I import those into IWs, the resulting model displayed is either not rendering anywhere close to as detailed as the model or it's missing key elements (tree limbs for example).

Any other reasons this may be happening?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
k.lew

can you post a picture of what's missing? I've had some display issues that are fixed within configuration (change from direct display to LOD to tile, etc)

Message 6 of 7
frosty1_4me
in reply to: k.lew

I've played with some of those configuration options after reading up that they may be causing issues with the models but didn't have any success.  The issues are different depending on the type of model (fbx, 3ds, dae) but for the most I haven't succeded imported any.

For example, the tree that I'm attempting to import here should look like the attached tree.jpg image (minus the surroundings) however the actual imported 3ds file is missing the branches and tree trunk.   Sorry for the preview image, it's hard to see the result in the preview.  I would change the background color to something else, but that isn't possible yet.  😉

There is another example of what some of the models look like when I import them.  This is an example of a dae file but it looks the same using a fbx of the same model or a 3ds as well.  The textures don't get applied.

Message 7 of 7
jakubstan

Not all 3D models are rendered properly in InfraWorks. Here you can a few ways how to deal with these issues:

https://youtu.be/B9buqcq3H9E?t=17m10s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report