Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Models to Civil 3D 2017

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ThomasGlidewell
399 Views, 9 Replies

Importing Models to Civil 3D 2017

Not sure if I should post here or in Civil 3D.. But here we go.

I have created a model in infrawoks 360 most recent version and set up a coordinate system etc...

I go to Civil 3D 2017 and try to insert the model but it gets hung up on Initializing... and doesn't get beyond that.

Any help would be great.

Thomas G

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Matt__W
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

@ThomasGlidewell Do you have the latest updates for C3D installed? You can find the latest updates on you Autodesk Account Management page (https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates).

Any other errors with C3D? Opening? Any random messages that shouldn't be showing up?

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt__W

Yes.. I have the most current versions of both c3d and iw360..

No errors or anomalies when open either

Message 4 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: ThomasGlidewell

Is that model in cloud, local network or on local hard drive. Try it from the local hard drive.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

It is a model that has been downloaded onto the hard drive.. Been trying to open the sqlite file from the C: location

Message 6 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

When you open the sqlite file with InfraWorks, is there are little house icon, meaning it's local, or a cloud icon? Even if it's cloud, there is a local copy, but you have to make a copy of that to make it truly a local model.

If there is a cloud icon, hover over the cloud and note the file. Copy that to another location on the hard drive. Try importing the copy.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

There is a cloud by the model in infraworks.. I copied the file to my desktop and have been waiting for about 8 min now and still on initializing...

I tried opening an older model that wasn't open with the new IW360 yet and it opened in about 4 min or so.. But at least it opened in c3d.. 

The one I have copied to the desktop is only 4mb or so.. So i wouldn't think, basing on previous versions time to open an IW360 model, that this is correct in the amount of time it should actually take.

Message 8 of 10
tcorey

Did you copy just the .sqlite file or the .sqlite and the corresponding folder? It will be the same name as the sqlite, but with .Files added.

If

IW projectname  = TEST

then

Needed file = TEST.sqlite

and

needed folder = TEST.files

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Sorry My Bad.. Should of said.. Yes.. I copied all files and folders needed.

Testing an exported IMX file right now to see if C3D will import it at least.

Message 10 of 10
ThomasGlidewell

Just wanted to add to this thread.. I originally started this and was having issues importing models into civil 3d 2017 from IW360..

I guess we are just going to have to wait alot longer to get it to import.. 

My models do eventually import but even a small site, less than 0.5 sq km, can take upwards of 5-10 minutes.. A larger site i tried took almost 30-45 minutes.. 

If memory serves in 2016 this was extremely quicker. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report