Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift and Infraworks 360

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
havglo
2157 Views, 9 Replies

Oculus Rift and Infraworks 360

I have just recived the new oculus rift and I have hoped to use it with Infraworks 360. But I can only find tutorials for the DK1 and DK2. Do anyone know if I can use my rift with Infraworks 360 and if so, how can I set it up.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: havglo

@havglo, did you try the steps in this AKN article?

Are you using it on Windows 7/8 or 10? For now, only windows 7/8 is supported through the 0.6.0.1 runtime library.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Message 3 of 10
Nicola_Ianeselli
Message 4 of 10
Willy_Campbell

Hi @havglo,

I recently inquired with our Development Team about this, and currently only the DK versions of Oculus are supported. 

They [the Developers] are looking for more insight as to how this would be used in your projects, with customers/clients, etc.

I suggest following @Nicola_Ianeselli's suggestion to vote this up as votes from Ideas are the best way to get things implemented into Autodesk products.

Willy Campbell
Message 5 of 10
havglo

I am working at the Norwegian Public Roads Administration and we are trying out new ideas for taking 3D to the next level. In projects, we collaborate close with the public in different meetings, we have stands in public places where maybe the Rift would draw attention to the projects from a different age group then the usual crowd (55+) 🙂
They can also be useful in meetings with landowners to really show them what impact our projects will have on their property/view and so one.
It could also be used for recruiting purpose, as I belive that something like this this might show the NPRA from a different side.
There can be many different uses for Infraworks and the Rift, but as long as Infraworks doesnt support it we, wont be able to test it out. So hopefully it would be supported soon.

My vote is given 🙂
Message 6 of 10
John_DeLeeuw

@havglo, you can also vote for this idea.

Stereo Panoramas through the Web Administrator so published models can be viewed through simple URL's using a variety of (lowcost cardboard) VR headsets with low bandwidth problems.

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 7 of 10
Matt__W
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

note to self: I need to get more involved with VR/AR.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 8 of 10
JasonArtley
in reply to: Matt__W

Me too! 

I have a cardboard VR viewer and it is pretty impressive, but I've never used it for work. I could see how getting Infraworks/Navisworks/Revit models into a VR format would be incredibly engaging. Oculus Rift would be even more impressive. 

Message 9 of 10
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: JasonArtley

@JasonArtley, it sure is!

>> Check this

2016-06-30_20-49-36.jpg

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Message 10 of 10
havglo
in reply to: John_DeLeeuw

Now I have tried and tried, but cant get it to work.

Are you sure that the selling version of Oculus Rift will work. and not only the DK1 and DK2.

The latest version doesnt seem to support Oculus Runtime library 6.01.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report