Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks crashes when creating new model

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
autodesk
2597 Views, 9 Replies

Infraworks crashes when creating new model

I have Infraworks 2017 Lt and upgraded to the 30 trail of Infraworks Pro 2017.  When trying to create a new model the software crashes.  And when trying to open older models created in 2016 i get an error message model is corrupt.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: autodesk

Hello,

if I understand you correctly you were able to use InfraWorks 360 2017 LT without any issues. Now - in the InfraWorks 360 2017 Pro program - your program crashes.

How did you "upgrade" to the trial version? Usually you do have the trial version first for 30 days.

A program crash at startup is usually an issue with the graphic adapter or driver (program uses wrong graphic adapter or the adapter is not certified for InfraWorks).

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 10
autodesk
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Karsten,
Sorry I meant to say I upgraded from 2016 Lt where I had no issue at all. After installing 2017 360 pro I am able to open my old project but I get an error message saying my files are corrupt and may not work correctly. If I try to open a sample model like Dubai Marina Palm a message pops up say cannot open. When trying to create a new model the program crashes. I downloaded the trial version from Autodesk Web site because it is no longer available on my subscription page. If it is a graphic card issue which I didn't have with 2016 Lt, how do I fix this will I need to upgrade my graphic card? Or is there a work around. I have tried uninstalling and installing but I get the same issue with the newly installed version. Can I just go back to the 2016 Lt where I had no issues.

Thanks,
Paul Dorroh
Engineering Associate I / Cad Designer
Lexington County Public Works Dept.
440 Ball Park Road Lexington, SC 29072
803-785-8592
www.lex-co.com
Message 4 of 10
Matt__W

Have you looked at the Best Practices for Upgrading Models article?

And as for the graphics issue, check out this thread. I had an issue when I upgraded to 2017 (not as serious as yours where IW would crash) that I didn't have with 2016.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 5 of 10
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Paul,

first of all - of course you can uninstall all 2017 versions and revert back to 2016.

Can you say what graphics adapter you have in use and if there are two available by any chance?

If you like you could send me a private message with your system information attached:

NFO-File:
* Windows Start - Run - MSINFO32 - Enter
* File - Save...
* Done and send

Do you have a screenshot of the error message or the exact wording.

Could you also send me the latest InfraWorks log file from C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk InfraWorks\logs ?

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 6 of 10
Nicola_Ianeselli

Hello!

If you have a NVIDIA card you can go to NVIDIA panel and choose the same thing as per the image.

IW_VGA.PNG

I have a double card in my laptop, so you can select the GPU based on the need.

Have a great day and I hope it may help.

Nicola

Message 7 of 10
autodesk
in reply to: Nicola_Ianeselli

Here are the spec on my PC.  Ran infraworks 2016 with no problems, but issues listed above with 2017.  Should i upgrade my graphic card?

Windows 10 Pro

Dell XPS 8300, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

8.00 GB(Ram) DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz)

AMD Radeon HD 5670 1.00GB Advanced Micro Devices. Inc

Message 8 of 10
autodesk

Attached are screen shot of what happen when trying to create a new model.  And my last log file.

Message 9 of 10
autodesk

Everyone thanks for the help.  I found the problem and i have to say i am stupid for not looking at this first, but it was an issue with my antivirus software blocking Infraworks.  To anyone that upgrades to the latest Bit-defender software make sure your ransomware protection setting include infraworks as a trusted applications.

Message 10 of 10
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Paul,

excellent, good to hear that the issue could be found.

It's always good to get a reminder to double check the firewall or Antivirus program as well.

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report