Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the point of mysql database

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GeorgeGeorgiou3505
332 Views, 2 Replies

What is the point of mysql database

Hi
I am not sure how mysql database is to be used in Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2010. I have installed:
  1. Mapguide server on win server 2008 (using apache and php)
  2. Mysql Server 5.0.67
  3. Autodesk Mapguide Studio 2010
All on the same machine. I have managed to connect to a sample database via Autodesk Mapguide Studio 2010. How do i create layers generally, and what exactly is the use of mysql database here? If anybody knows any links or references, please forward them to me.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You don't _need_ mysql to run mapguide (it uses a filesystem based repository). However mapguide can digest MySQL as a datasource to display maps.

In order to display a map you will need.

- Datasource (this can be SDFs, SHPs, connections to database, etc)
- Layer (consumes the datasource and styles the information)
- Map (contains the layers you want to display)
- Layout (contains the information for the interface around the map and what maps to display)
(technically you don't need a layout if you don't bother with the included viewers)

In order for mapguide to work with MySQL you will need tables with:

- A primary key (this is used for the selection)
- A Geometry Column (I think there are geom, point, line, polygon, etc). Also you will want to build an index on this (I think it uses rtree by default).

You can also make an FDO schema from within map or civil or other tools. This defines the tables, coordinate systems, keys, etc. It is a bit more flexible the just making a table in an empty database but requires more configuration/maintenance.

Once you have that it _should_ show up in the layer on the drop down below the datasource. (Just note we haven't used mysql for awhile. So I might be wrong on some things).
Message 3 of 3

Thank you sakkaku. This information sure will be useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report