Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService get address and send back picture

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
satu777
507 Views, 4 Replies

WebService get address and send back picture

I'm really beginner in MapGuide developing. I need a little help, how can I start.

My task is to create a web service which is able to get an address, and send back a map in png format to the receiver.

We have a published map in MapGuide2009 server, with Oracle database. I have to develop in C#, with ASP.NET.
I have a Visual Studio 2008.

I'm able to make ClassLybraryes, which are refer to Topobase.Form.Dll API methods, but these dlls are built in into Topobase Client (Web and Windows too). But I have to make a WebService.

Which DLLs I have to refer in my WebService. Where I can found examples how to start? How can I start? Please help!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tejaswi
in reply to: satu777

hi

What is it that you are trying to do...I am unable to understand.
Are you trying to select a parcel on map to get the details and send the map to the user in print layout. or there is anything else.

regards
teja.
Message 3 of 5
satu777

Thanks tejaswi, finally I found the right DLL (API), what I have to refer.

(I have to create a web service, which is able to send back raster picture (ex. jpg) to the application. (It is similar to GetMap WMS service. I can't use the Ajax Viewer in my application.)
Message 4 of 5
siva4autodesk

hi,

this is siva, can you please post the solution what u get
Message 5 of 5
satu777

Thanks, finally I have found the missing things...

Need to create a reference to the project in Visual Studio:

Topobase.Data (Topobase Api) - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Data.dll
Topobase.Forms (Topobase Forms API) - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Forms.dll
Topobase.Map - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Map.dll
Topobase.Update - C:\Program Files\Autodesk Topobase Client 2009\bin\Topobase.Update.dll

And now everything is working!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report