Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using condition statements in the tooltip

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
soudemans
1101 Views, 3 Replies

Using condition statements in the tooltip

I am working with a shape file and have a numentic subclass field that I want to display in a tooltip (i.e. 1 = 'Sanitarty', 2 = 'Storm', etc). The best way I know is to use some kind of condition statement in the expression. Although the "Create/Modify Expressions" dialog has an if function: If ( [condition], [trueValue], [falseValue] ) I can't get that thing to compile. The basic idea being something like:
If ( [FIELD = 1 ], 'Sanitary', 'Other' ). For now never mind the fact that I only have two conditions. If I can get this to work I can figure out the rest.

OR if someone knows of how to use a case statement in the tooltip expression builder that would be even better. 😄

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sakkaku
in reply to: soudemans

Have you tried the 'Lookup' function under conversion? It looks like it operates similar to a case statement.

{code}
Lookup ( [expression], [defaultValue], [index], [value], [index], [value], [index], [value] )
{code}
Message 3 of 4
soudemans

Sakkaku,

Thanks for the response. Indeed Lookup() behaves like an Immediate IF or a Select Case. Who would have thought.
Message 4 of 4
paulius

Hello,

I have a similar situacion and can't get working IF conversion.

The idea is to show or not the url link, depending on value in properties.

if(length(urlLink)>0, 'Show url', 'Don't show url')

The problem is that it is not working.. it requires "length(urlLink)>0" to be text value.

urlLink - text property with url

p.s.

if(urlLink, 'Show', 'Don't show') doesn't work. Everytime it returns false.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report