Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use a variable to set map's URL property

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
negin.zp
282 Views, 5 Replies

Use a variable to set map's URL property

Dear all
I'm trying to load map in mapviewe, I attached the code I've wrote.
my problem is as follow, I want to use a variable to set its URL property instead of Initial it with a static value. Could any one help me please?

regard.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
everling
in reply to: negin.zp

PHP, server-side, example:

<object id="map" type="applicattion/x-mwf" codebase="http://download.autodesk.com/esd/mapguide/SP1/ENG/mgaxctrl.cab#Version=6,x,x,x">

<param name="URL" value="<?php echo $MWF_URL; ?>">
</object>
Message 3 of 6
negin.zp

thank you everling!
It really helped me.
Message 4 of 6
neiien

Please, same here but for .NET. I've tried in different ways but couldn't resolve it. The variable is in the codebehind and I want to call it from the param value.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Message 5 of 6
everling

I do not know how to program for .NET.

Generally, scripts dynamically generate HTML on the server-side and feed the resulting static HTML to the client's browser. What you need to do is to modify the URL while the script is dynamically generating the HTML before it is sent to the client's browser.

It is what my example code did. In the case of a IIS web server + PHP setup, the IIS webserver notices the client's request for the web page, feeds the requested ".php" file to the PHP processing module, which executes all the PHP code and generates a HTML that IIS finally delivers to the client's browser. The process for IIS + .NET should be similar.

I hope that helps you.
Message 6 of 6
neiien

Problem solved.
I had to set the variable as global so before the client-side is loaded it can be read. That's what I was doing wrong.
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report