Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sum MG6.5 on WinServer2003 SP2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
679 Views, 2 Replies

Sum MG6.5 on WinServer2003 SP2

Hi All:

Following is a summary of the steps I found are required to install MapGuide6.5 on Windows Server 2003 SP2. These steps are mentioned in scattered post but I thought it would be helpful to have the info in one place.

After each step, I tested to see if the next step was really necessary. But I am a newbie, so If anyone would like to confirm, comment or correct, please jump in. This install was on a brand new server if that makes any difference. Also, the detail may be overkill for some, but I have it here so what the heck, I'll include it. I may help someone with little server experience.

If you want to test after each step, open Internet Explorer and enter http://gws-eng4/mapguide6.5/mapagent.exe?item=info or http://gws-eng4/mapguide6.5/mapagent.exe?item=test. Please post back if it works for you before the optional steps.

1. On the installation "Select Components" Screen:
Confirm that Server Service, CGI MapAgent, ISAPI MapAgent icons are white (will be installed).

2. On the installation screen "Notes for Configuring Autodesk MapGuide Server Service:"
This is the first hint that alot of after the install steps are required. The instructions on this screen are outdated, so use step 3.

3. The purpose is to set the MapGuide Server logon as the Domain Administrator. Go to Administrative Tools/Services/Autodesk MapGuide Server 6.5. Right-click Services and pick Autodesk MapGuide Server 6.5/Properties. Pick the Log On tab. Pick the radio button for This account and pick browse. Pick the location of your domain type in "admin" and check name and it will underline as found. Pick OK and enter the password for the Domain Administrator. Pick OK.

4. Staying in Administrative Tools/Services:
The goal is to make sure that RPC(locator) is running.
Right-click Services and pick properties. Scroll down to RPC(locator). If it is not started, right-click and pick start. Close Services.

5. The goal is to add permissions for Server Administrator and Internet Guest Account (ServerName\IUSR_ServerName)to the DCOM Config. Go to Administrative Tools/COMPONENT Services. In the left hand pane, expand Computers/My Computer/DCOM Config. Right-click Autodesk MapGuide Server and pick properties. Pick the security tab. You will see three permissions that you have to set. Do the following steps for to set permissions for Launch and Activate, Access, and Configuration. For IUSR pick the customize radio button and then edit to Add the IUSR_ServerName to each permission. Pick add. Pick locations and scroll to the top to pick the server, ok. Type out the entire name IUSR_ServerName then pick check name. It will underline as found, ok. Check all the check boxes as Allow. Do the same for server administrator.

6. The goal is to check that Dynamic Content (Allowed) and Web Service Extensions are enabled. Go to Administrative Tools/Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. In the left pane, pick Web Service Extensions. In the right pane, click on Autodesk MapGuide 6.5 Server and make sure that it is Allowed. Right click and pick the Required Files Tab. Make sure that you see MapServer.exe, MapAgent.exe and MapAgent_ISAPI.exe. Add them if they are not there. Stay in IIS Manager for the next step.

7. The goal is to add in two places, the IUSR user to the Virtual Directory that MapGuide creates. At Administrative Tools/Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager left pane, expand Web Sites/Default Web Site. Right click MapGuide6.5 and pick Permissions. Click Add. and add the IUSR as before and check the boxes for Read & Execute, List Folder Contents and Read. Back at the IIS Manager left pane, right click MapGuide6.5 and click Properties. Pick the Directory Security Tab. Pick Edit on Authentication and access control. Add the IUSR as before. I had the actually enter the password here. IT found something on the internet that would output the password so we could copy and paste. The password is one place that will hang you up and you won't know why so copy and paste.

OPTIONAL STEPS:
I ended up re-installing MapGuide alot and these were not required the last time. They might have stuck around from an earlier install.

8. Set permissions for the MapAgent.exe directory.
In Explorer, navigate to the folder where MapGuide was installed: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideServer6.5. Right click the MapAgents folder/Properties/Security Tab. Add the IUSR as before and check the boxes for Read & Execute, List Folder Contents and Read.

9. If you want to run MapAgent.exe from a remote machine, set up a virtual directory for MapAgent.exe and set permissions. Go to Administrative Tools/Internet Services Manager. In the left pane, expand Web Sites/Default Web Site. Pick File/New/Virtual Directory in a place the remote user has access to. Right-click the new Virtual Directory and add the IUSR with scripting and execute permissions. Copy and paste MapAgent.exe from the install directory to the virtual directory.

10. The goal is to check that MIME type is set for MWF files. Go to Administrative Tools/Internet Information Services Manager and in the left pane, pick the server name at the top. Right click/properties. Pick MIME Types button and scroll to see .mwf application/x-mwf.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

I have the mapagent in different server from mapguide servera and when i load the map from internet appears "Autodesk MapGuide Server Error 500" and the error "Network Request failed" for the address with the external IP...and if i access through "http://localhost/..." shuts down my IE...

Mapguide Server (210.0.0.14 - Intranet)
Web Server + Mapagnet (210.0.0.10 - Intranet / 88.88.88.88 - Internet)

Both servers are in a domain..so for server 1 the internet guest account is IUSR_server1 and for server 2 is the IUSR_server2...No problem with this???

Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,
Have you got Mapguide 6.5 working on Windows 2003 SP2 O/S?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report