Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studio 08 Eval When not Eval

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
chuckpietra
460 Views, 17 Replies

Studio 08 Eval When not Eval

Purchased a full license of MapGuide Studio 2008 and installed. After an evaluation time out will not let me enter. Problem is that it is not an Eval. It is a full licensed copy.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: chuckpietra

When you installed did you check the radio button that it was a license
version? The evaluation version is checked by default. IIRC

--

Murph
The world is not FLAT so why is your GIS data?
http://map3d.wordpress.com
wrote in message news:5723921@discussion.autodesk.com...
Purchased a full license of MapGuide Studio 2008 and installed. After an
evaluation time out will not let me enter. Problem is that it is not an
Eval. It is a full licensed copy.
Message 3 of 18
chuckpietra

Full license of Mapguide studio, not eval. Does not prompt for a ser number. Not sure if it kicks into eval mode if server is in eval mode.
Message 4 of 18

Did you find an answer to this?
We are having the same problem. We have a full license and we got:
Unable to complete request to site
This evaluation version expired: 2007-10-09
We have uninstall and reinstalled 4 times same thing.
Anyone know what we need to do?

Thanks,
Bruce
Message 5 of 18
peiguy

I too am having this happen. Just wondering if anyone ever found a fix to this problem. The licence manager reports valid licenses but when I try to connect thru Studio 2008 I get "licence expired ??/??/2007".
Message 6 of 18
TimGIS

We are having the exact same problem. Seems the trial corrupted the licensing for the people who went and purchased the full version!!!

Anyone have a fix?
Message 7 of 18
dswilson

It sould suggest to me that the version being installed is still a trial. Was the licensed version downloaded in each case? If so it's possible the link points to the wrong file.

Regards,
Dave
Message 8 of 18
TimGIS

No - the licensed version was sent to me by autodesk after giving them our money.
Message 9 of 18
dswilson

For MapGuide 2008

Can you confirm the sizes of the following files:

DATA1.CAB (should be 34,809 KB)
SETUP.MSI (should be 1,401 KB)

If you have 34,796 and 1,402 then this is the eval version of Studio.

We have tested the install of the Licensed version over top of the Eval and the user must uninstall the Eval first. We have not encountered an instance where this fails or been able to replicate the problem discussed here.

Regards,
Dave
Message 10 of 18
TimGIS

Hi Dave - I cannot locate these files. Can you narrow down their install location for me?
Message 11 of 18
dswilson

Those files should be in the root install folder of your install disk. Unless you have downloaded a self extracting installer then they are expanded to a folder within your Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp.

As an alternative what happens if you install the product on another machine that has never had the trial? If you still get the trial popup this would confirm you are installing a trial version.

Regards,
Dave
Message 12 of 18
TimGIS

Dave - The files are Data1.CAB 34809 KB, Setup.MSI 1401 KB

To setup on another machine would it not have to be a web server and have Enterprise pre-installed?
Message 13 of 18
dswilson

The file sizes appear correct.

Studio is client software somewhat like a browser so it doesn't need to be installed on the same machine as the server. Just substibute the ipaddress or servername in the url when logging in.

If the server trial has expired Studio will fail to connect, but with a different error.

Dave
Message 14 of 18
TimGIS

I loaded up Studio on my PC and mapped to the server with enterprise on it and got the trial error again - what gives?
Message 15 of 18
dswilson

Can you take a jpg screenshot of the error and attach it to the discussion?

Dave
Message 16 of 18
TimGIS

Dave - attached are the errors.

After Studio says the trail is expired - it still alows me in however as you can see by the print screen I cannot load resources or change the library.
Message 17 of 18
dswilson

I'm completely stumped on this. It doesn't make any sense and I can't think of a combination of things I can fiddle with to replicate the problem. The licensed Studio doesn't do any date checks so this scenario is not possible as far as I know.

I've confirmed that an expired trial won't let me log in. In fact an expired trial doesn't open. I've confimed that I have to uninstall the trial before installing the licensed version. I've confirmed I get no check or popup after installing the licensed version. At this point all I can suggest is logging a defect with Support so that it can be escalated for review.

The fact that you also have an issue on your own pc confuses things. Have you installed any trial versions on it before installing the licensed version?

You aren't running any Norton stuff or anything that is controlling installs or trying to do a cleanup? It's like the trial isn't gettting uninstalled.

Dave
Message 18 of 18
TimGIS

I agree it is strange. I am playing both sides here - I do have a ticket in with Support. The only thing they've come up with is to insert the serial number in some .ini file.

Thanks for all your help. I may go for broke and uninstall MapGuide Enterprise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report