Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
KenCheng9054
407 Views, 4 Replies

SQL 2008

What SQL 2008 certain patch level does Mapaguide Enterprise 2010 require?
Is there a specific Service Pack and Cumulative Update level required for SQL 2008?

We've install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (RTM) - 10.0.1600.22

This translates into the unpatched Release-To-Manufacturing version of SQL Server 2008.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jackie.ng
in reply to: KenCheng9054

RTM, SP1 and anything in between should work fine

- Jackie
Message 3 of 5
KenCheng9054

I've been joining SDF3 files and SQL 2008 tables using Mapguide Studio with mixed results. The joins are not stable. I get a successful "test connection" with my SQL 2008 tables. I can see all the tables but fails on the SDF3<->SQL 2008 table joins. I made both joining fields integers with mixed results.

I made the joins using the FDO ODBC provider ... trying both connection types "database" and "DNS connections".

So my questions is three fold;

1) Who has made Mapguide 2010 and SLQ 2008 table joins successfully?
2) how many joins have you made?
3) and are you using mapguide 2010 in a production enviornment?
Message 4 of 5
KenCheng9054

Bueller.....Bueller......Bueller
Message 5 of 5
georgega

Hi Ken:

How are you doing? Sounds like you're experiencing similar frustrations to what I'm facing. From what I've been able to discover, the SQL 2008 Spatial FDO provider does not support SQL Views that are made by joining tables in SQL and it does not support Feature Joins created in Studio on SQL data connections.

I've updated the Autodesk SQL 2008 Spatial FDO provider with the latest OSGEO release. It solved some other issues with SQL 2008 data (namely MGE not recognizing UniqueIdentifier data types), but still no luck on the joins.

Here's an OSGEO post that might provide some clues. I haven't had time to go through it entirely yet, but I'm hoping that we may be able to come up with a workaround from some of this info. http://n2.nabble.com/SQL-Server-2008-views-and-fdo-again-td4273589.html#a4295305

At present, what we are doing is creating a new table that joins data from the required tables in SQL Server, creating a stored procedure that updates the new table on a regular basis (almost live) and then using that table in MGE.

Let me know if you come up with any solutions.

George Gaeke
Global CADD Systems Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report