Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scientific notation in measure command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
arnoldschwabe
1174 Views, 3 Replies

Scientific notation in measure command

We are using MG Studio and MGE 2011 and flexible layouts for our site. We have the maps in metric and use the measure tool in the flexible layouts. Everything was working fine until a few weeks back, suddenly the measure tool was reporting in scientific notation and the values seemed off. What was 21.47m before is now 2.147e+6 and as far as I know nothing has changed. Has anyone seen this behaviour before or have any suggestions?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
frosty1_4me
in reply to: arnoldschwabe

I have ran into this as well, and don't have a solution but I do know the problem.  We had some issues using the measure tool due to the version of fusion we were using and the coordinate system of our map (have since moved to 2.2).  Since updating, the measurement calculations are correct but the display of distance and area is affected by the precision that is set in the the measure component.  

If you set it to 3, the distance will show only 3 numbers (decimal included.  eg. 1.25, 12.5, 125) and once the measurement gets beyond 3 numbers say to 1250, it switches to scientific notation. 1.25e + 3m  Area calculations don't do that on screen, but in the task pane results it does.  Very buggy.

Message 3 of 4
s.klein
in reply to: arnoldschwabe

I've got the same problem using AIMS 2012 and flexible layouts...

has anybody solved this problem yet or even got a workaround?

SK

Message 4 of 4
pg002a
in reply to: s.klein

I have same problem. I found solution, if you set distance precision to 0 then its working for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums