Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime doubts need clarifications - Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
neil.fernandes
1317 Views, 1 Reply

Runtime doubts need clarifications - Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2011

Hi,

I have a few doubts regarding Autodesk Mapguige Enterprise 2011. Our team is in the initial phase of creating a GIS based application. And we have a few doubts that we need to clarify on some of the Built-in functions in MapGuide Enterprise, which are Measure and Buffer functions

1. During runtime the information is displayed in english is there some way we can modify this to display Arabic Text during run time
  2. In our application, some layers are created during runtime, How do we modify these layer names, created during the run time
  3. How can we avoid prompting the user for the Symbology details, CAn Symbology details be hard coded and can thesymbolgy details  interface be customised to make it more simple.

We also have some hardware and installation doubts that we need to clarify

• What is the difference between Standard and Enterprise Edition
  • Will "8 Core" compatibility mean that the Hardware Server should have 8 CPU/ processors
  • Can the Standalone installation on the server be accessed from client machines

Any views or suggestions is welcomed. It will be very helpful.
Thank you in davance for your support and time

Take Care

Regards,
Neil Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Daniel.Du
in reply to: neil.fernandes

For localization, you may refer to this blog: http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/07/localization-of-ajax-viewer-of-mapguide-enterpr...

You can set layer name with code, similiar like below:

------------------------

tempParcelLayer = new MgLayer(tempParcelLayerId, resService);
tempParcelLayer.SetName("TempParcels");
tempParcelLayer.SetLegendLabel("New Parcels");
tempParcelLayer.SetDisplayInLegend(true);
tempParcelLayer.SetSelectable(false);

----------------------

Sorry but I am not very clear about your 3rd question. would you please elaberate on it? 

For the questions of installation and system requirement, I would suggest you to ask in http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide-Enterprise/bd-p/233 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report