Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
M4tt3
492 Views, 5 Replies

Rotate map

Hi I like to rotate the map to a specific degree. I.E i have a runway that go´s 260deg / 080deg. Now i got north up (360) and the runway is at an angle.. If there is a way to rotate the coordinate system until the runway is horizontal, that would be exellent. Thanx.. /Mat
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: M4tt3

What coordinate system is your existing map in? What is the WKT string?

Dave
Message 3 of 6
M4tt3

Hi It´s in XY-M (Arbitrary X-Y Coordinates (Meters)).
Message 4 of 6
dswilson

So far all my inquiries indicate it's not possible to rotate the data via a coordinate system transformation, even using the API. In some cases some projections might support it, but not with Arbitrary XY.

One option to consider is using Map3D to rotate the data. I believe the AutoCAD rotate command can be applied to FDO data.

Dave
Message 5 of 6
mapguide_guy

Yes, customize your coordinate systems, use Oblique Sterographic Projection, Snyder Variation - there is an option that sets the local rotation. I have used this technique for years when I need to rotate the map (it works in Map 3D, MapGuide, etc).

You can create it AutoCAD Map 3D and then move the CSD files over to MapGuide Enterprise...

take care
gordon
Message 6 of 6
jose.baron

Hi Gordon,

I was trying to customize a coordinate systems with Oblique Sterographic Projection, Snyder Variation on Map 3D 2010, but MapGuide Studio 2010 can't apply that to a Map.

Do you have some special procedure to do this???????

Thaks,

Jose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report