Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image Performance Issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
reno.sun.gis
452 Views, 0 Replies

Raster Image Performance Issue

Hello everyone,

I would like to know anyone here have a good solution for improving raster image rendering speed?

I tiled our ECW raster images, and it didn't help too much to speed up to rendering speed... when users pan on the map it usually takes them 8 to 10 secs to see the whole airphoto layer and other vector layers.

My maps worked very well when it only displayed vector layers, and it went pretty fast.

I really think AIMS should improve its raster image tiling algorithm to make it render the images like Google Map.

I do know generating web image tiles to overlay on other Google Map or other Map APIs will take days or weeks to finish the whole processes. However, I believe it is worth to do that.

I used FME to do the web tiling to our airphotos, and overlayed them on my Google Map Web App. It's very fast to see the overlayed air photos on the Google Map. 

I had very high spec server, but it still not help AIMS to render our raster images faster...

I also tried to resampled and compressed our raster images, but it didn't work too.

Any idea guys? I hope AIMS 2015 will improve their raster image rendering performence. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report