Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optainind a Image not Having to Open a Map

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ferdi_Güler
2116 Views, 2 Replies

Optainind a Image not Having to Open a Map

Hello,

I have two questions but before start, I want to give a short information about myself. I'm software developer and have recently changed my work where I have to learn developing with AIMS 2012. I have no exprience before in that business line. I hope that I can find answers to my questions here.

1. I have develop a simple application which is bringing a image using the Rendering Service according to the given query. I do not show a map to user. Actually I connect to map server and open the my layout but visibility of the frame in which I put my layout is false. So users do not realize that there is weblayout on web page. But I do not want to do that. So my first question is that is there way to get image from map server not having to open a map in web page, for example may be using some services. Simply I want to optain a image not using a weblayout because users do not need to see a map. is it possible?

2. I also need to hide/show features' label programmatically, for example building's name... A piece of code would be realy nice.

thanks in advance

Ferdi

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: Ferdi_Güler

1. MgMap.Create() your desired Map Definition and send that off to the MgRenderingService for rendering. This doesn't require opening the viewer.

2. Have the labels in a separate Layer Definition, and toggle them programmatically in your MgMap.

- Jackie

Message 3 of 3
Ferdi_Güler
in reply to: jackie.ng

thanks alot... it realy helped 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report