Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure about buying IMS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
estibaliz_yague
454 Views, 2 Replies

Not sure about buying IMS

We used Mapguide 6.5 some years ago, and now we're evaluating if we should come back to Autodesk, with IMS

We want to publish a viewer with some JS funcionality, by the moment we do not need users to edit geometries stored in Oracle or manage networks via web. I think Mapguide Enterprise could be good enough for us: good funcionality, easy to use... 

But now IMS is the new product, which includes the funcionalilty of MGE and TB-web ... and it's much more expensive... now I'm not sure if this will be the correct choice or if it's too much for what we need

Any suggest?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: estibaliz_yague

If you are going to use:

1. Raster (i.e. MR SID, ECW, GeoTIFF)

2. Oracle

3. DWG

and you want a great Authoring environment (AIM Studio)  you should don't be turned off by the unfortunate misnomer IMS.

You should seriously think about AIMS 2012.

If you are just using SHP, SDF, SQL Server, PostGIS etc, you should look into mapguide.osgeo.org (free) and MapGuide Maestro.  

I bet if you use this for a while you will wish you had the Autodesk FDO Raster provider - the price is worth it - don't forget the Mobile Preview app that comes with AIMS 2012!

Message 3 of 3
estibaliz_yague
in reply to: gluckett

Thank you very much

In fact we're using Oracle and ecw Raster, so surely AIMS will be my first option

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report