Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to 'style a point symbol' in AIS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aileen3
575 Views, 3 Replies

No option to 'style a point symbol' in AIS

I am currently using Autodesk Infrastructure Studio 2012 and am attempting to change the symbols for layers so that I can incorporate symbols from a created symbol library. The default 'Style Point' option (shown on the left of attached image) does not show any options to 'Style a Point' where I can import the created symbol library (see attached on the left - this layer was an old file).

Is there a way in which the 'Style a Point' option will appear so that the symbol library can be incorporated for my final map? 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hence_the_name
in reply to: aileen3

Hi Aileen,

you can load symbolization via "Select symbol" drop down menu - at the bottom there is "Load..."

Did you look for that?

By the way - there are two different dialog boxes for basically the same task- to style a point. One dialog box is used when you have a layer with "basic" and the other one is used with "advanced" stylization. "Basic" stylization is not being used anymore - but still supported - in newer versions of Map/MapGuide.

Good luck, Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 4
aileen3
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that I have tried loading the symbolization via the "Select symbol" drop down menu where 'Load' shows.
However, I can't find the symbology library that I have created from where I have saved it, so the new symbols cannot be incorporated.
I was thinking it may have been due to using different versions of Autodesk Infrastructure Studio but it seems as though this is not the case. 

Message 4 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: aileen3

In Studio,

Tools > Options > Layer Editor

You have two options (1) Enhanced (2) Standard.

You have to set this before you create a new layer to get the different interface.  The Enhanced  is harder to use for Point symbols and there is no symbol library.

If you want to use the old way, set the Option to Standard and re-create the layer from scratch.

gordon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report