Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetApp Cifs Share

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rolicor2
1026 Views, 3 Replies

NetApp Cifs Share

Does anyone has any experience using NetApp Cifs share as file datasource in Mapguide 6.5? We're having problem using the share's UNC as datasource path. Somehow the share is not visible to Mapguide. The same UNC works just fine using the server's windows explorer.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rolicor2

rolicor2 wrote:
> Does anyone has any experience using NetApp Cifs share as file datasource in Mapguide 6.5? We're having problem using the share's UNC as datasource path. Somehow the share is not visible to Mapguide. The same UNC works just fine using the server's windows explorer.

Is your MapGuide service running as a domain user?
Message 3 of 4
rolicor2

Thanks Jason, you're right on.

The Mapguide service is running as Local System. I believe this by default. Using a domain user does work but should it be running as domain user. There's always the possibility of the domain user being inadvertently locked. Will the service have issues then when it happens?

Thanks again for your reply.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

rolicor2 wrote:
> Thanks Jason, you're right on.
>
> The Mapguide service is running as Local System. I believe this by default. Using a domain user does work but should it be running as domain user. There's always the possibility of the domain user being inadvertently locked. Will the service have issues then when it happens?
>
> Thanks again for your reply.

Normally, I get around this by having a special sevice account domain
user set up with restrictive permissions and "password never expires" set.

You could also set up local users on both the file server and the
MapGuide server with the same password, but you run into the same
problem there.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report