Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Viewer Extension for AIMS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nik.mazreen
5082 Views, 9 Replies

Mobile Viewer Extension for AIMS

Hi,

In this new release, aims 2012 already have mobile viewer extension. since i'm still in the learning process of this software, i would very appreciate if anyone could give me any guideline on how to make used of this mobile extension so that i can try to apply my sample map into either ipad or iphone..or atleast any website that i can go to for me to find out more about this extension.

Thx..

Nik

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Daniel.Du
in reply to: nik.mazreen

Firstly you need to install the component seperately, from <AIMS2012 CD_ROM>\TechnologyPreview

After installation you can find the viewer at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2012\www\MobileViewer 

And a document at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2012\www\MobileViewer\docs\MobileViewer.docx

To use the mobile viewer :

http://localhost/mapserver2012/MobileViewer/index.html 

You may need to modify the source code of index.html at  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2012\www\MobileViewer

Here are some domo applications online:

http://sandbox.mapguide.com/iviewer/

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 10
david.roy
in reply to: Daniel.Du

I downloaded AIMS from the subscription centre, and don't have the DVD media.  It appears the download does not include the technology preview for the mobile viewer extension.

How can I get access to this?

Message 4 of 10
nik.mazreen
in reply to: david.roy

Hi again,

it has been quite a while. now, i already install mobile viewer. since i dont have any programming background, how can i use this mobile viewer?i already create a map using infrastructure studio, how do i want to publish this map using mobile viewer?

thx in advance.

-Nik-

Message 5 of 10
jackie.ng
in reply to: david.roy

The installer should be under the TechnologyPreview directory of the installation media.

- Jackie

Message 6 of 10
ralfzenklusen

Hi Nik

You have to change the index.html file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2012\www\MobileViewer). It is in my opinion not possible to view and edit the mobile site like a template in MapGuideStudio.

To make the first steps: I copied the index.html (located at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2012\www\MobileViewer) file and changed the variable defaultMapDef (line 43) to an existing map definition. Now the viewer works. You can access the viewer with this adress: http://hostname/mapserver2012/MobileViewer/index2.html.

For debugging it's better to use the links to non compressed files (described in the index.html).

Best

Message 7 of 10
ced_abitat
in reply to: ralfzenklusen

Hi I have tested the demos at the link http://sandbox.mapguide.com/iviewer/ but don't work.

Where I can find docs about mobile viewer?

Regards,

Matteo

Message 8 of 10
Daniel.Du
in reply to: ced_abitat

A MobileViewer.docx can be found in mobile viewer installation folder\docs. 

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 9 of 10
tmblackflag
in reply to: Daniel.Du

when i load my viewer i get a firebug error saying \MobileViewer\localized\en.json is 404 file not found. I've looked that directory over and the file is definitely there.

this leads to a "failed to load localized strings error" and the app hangs.

Message 10 of 10
wilsonherrera

i know this is a bump of an older thread, but i am experiencig this same problem. 

is there a way to solve thi sissue?

best regards,

Wilson H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report