Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Layers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MEastley
458 Views, 3 Replies

Missing Layers

I've created a join between my SQL Spatial Data, and my tabular data.  Now when I go into the layer to setup the Feature Data Setup and changed to my joined Data Schema the tabular data is present, but when I go to bring up the layer in the map window, while the styling is present, the layer isn't (blank).  How do I get this layer to show up?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: MEastley

Unfortunately, you can't modify the fields before you join them like MG6.5, so your fields have to be exactly the same.

For example, if you are joining on PARCEL_ID in the spatial table  and its VARCHAR 25, then the joined table field must also be VARCHAR 25 (no spaces)

- you may want to create a view to modify the joined table fields to match MapGuide. 

For example, you may want to perform a RTRIM or a LTRIM on the joining field to ensure they match what is in the Spatial Data table.  I used to put the LTRIM(fieldname) in the dialog box in MG6.5 but you can't do that in the join dialog box in MapGuide Enterprise or Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012.

Message 3 of 4
MEastley
in reply to: gluckett

I went and looked and my columns as you suggested and the Geospatial Data is nvarchar(25) and the attribute data that I'm joining is varchar(25) so obviously the column types are different.  Can you expand further when you talked about creating the view to modify the column types and detail the process would you use for this?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
gluckett
in reply to: MEastley

Sure,

just create a VIEW of your joining table.  Since your joining table only is in varchar(25) you might want to change it.

In your view definition just use a convert:

select  CONVERT(NVARCHAR(25), yourKEYNAME) as NEWKEY, fieldname1, fieldname2 from myJoinTable

then join your GeoSpatial table to this view connecting your key with the new "NEWKEY".

Note: If you spatial data is already in SQL Server I would do the join there and not in MapGuide (much faster).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report