Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGE2010 Flex Template Map Overview Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
howard.thompson2
524 Views, 3 Replies

MGE2010 Flex Template Map Overview Question

I was hoping to get a little assistance here. I'm finally trying to work with the flex templates in MGE2010 and was working with the overview map. When I use a template, seems to be all of the templates, may map appears in the big window correctly, but as a small dot in the overview map window. As I move and pan in the big map, the overview map reacts differently. Is there a way to configure the overview map so that I see the whole map in the window and the red square around the viewing area that I have zoomed to?? I thought it was suppose to work that way, but maybe not.

Thanks Alot!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dswilson
in reply to: howard.thompson2

I think there is a bug with the overview map when it tries to set the initial extent of the map. A question is your overview map different from the main map? In most cases I think it should be if the main map has many layers. Whether or not the overview map should start at the same bounds and scale as the main map I'm not sure. I think if you click on the overview map the first time it zooms in somewhat.

You may also try playing with the minimum and maximum ratio settings of the overview map to see if that has any effect.

Regards,
Dave Edited by: dswilson on Jan 11, 2010 8:54 AM
Message 3 of 4
nik.mazreen
in reply to: dswilson

Hi, i had problem with my overview map. Here's the situation.

overviewmap1.jpg

overview map1

figure above showed the map appear on main frame map but not on the overview map

figure below showed the map appear on both main frame & overview map.

overviewmap2.jpg

overview map 2

Is there anything do to with the number of layers? because in the first picture, as u can see, it called out alot of layer compared to the 2nd picture.is it because of the bugs in MGE 2010. Is there anyway to fix this problem. i'm not sure whether i asked the question in a right way. but i hope u guys could understand. (*i'm using mapguide 2010).

**i did try to play around with min ratio & max ratio as suggested by dswilson, but it does not change anything..

Thx in advance.

Message 4 of 4
janechii
in reply to: nik.mazreen

I usually play around with the max and min ratio to get this working. you kinda have to play around with the numbers a bit using extremes.

what works best for me is a very small min and a very large max. try 1 and 1000000. i have no idea what it means, but the overview map stays pretty constant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report