Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGE and Firefox 3

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Le Ingenieur Inconnu
549 Views, 7 Replies

MGE and Firefox 3

Hello!
I cannot get MGE running with MGE (the map does not appear, even though the layer structure does). This happens only with projects based on web layouts. Projects based on fusion work fine.

Do you have any ideas on how to put it to work again?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

At this point FireFox 3 is not a supported browser. Maybe someone can use Firebug to determine what the error(s) are which might help in providing a workaround.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 8

The problem seems to be with XMLHttpRequests returning empty content, which may be due to unsupported mimetype (ff3 accept header is text/html, while ff2 uses text/xml and the content type of the returned data is text/xml). Tryied to change the accept mimetype but no luck yet.
Message 4 of 8

Hi!
The problem seems to be in the ajaxmappane.templ. RequestMap() uses a POST in the XMLHttpRequest but it seems that the MapAgent does not like some of the headers and the reply is empty. A quick fix for this has been to change it to a GET, appending the parameter list.

function RequestMap(scale, centerX, centerY, showGroups, hideGroups, showLayers, hideLayers)
{
// ...
mr = CreateRequestHandler();
req = new MapRequest(mr, ++mapId);
// -- FF3 Fix
mr.open("GET", webAgent + "?" + reqParams, true);
// -- Old code
//mr.open("POST", webAgent, true);
mr.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
// ...
}
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Le Ingenieur Inconnu

Le Ingenieur Inconnu wrote:
> The problem seems to be in the ajaxmappane.templ. RequestMap() uses a POST in the XMLHttpRequest but it seems that the MapAgent does not like some of the headers and the reply is empty. A quick fix for this has been to change it to a GET, appending the parameter list.

Have you seen this?

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/378

(that's ticket #378 in the trac.osgeo.org/mapguide Trac instance if the
hyperlink doesn't work)

Jason
Message 6 of 8

Hi!
I've seen the ticket but it seems to be open yet and scheduled for R2.1. For the time being I've been able to keep it working by replacing the posts with gets (three other functions need to be replaced, I've uploaded the file in the mapguide.osgeo user forum
Message 7 of 8

Any change you could post a link to the file you uploaded?

Thanks
Stuart
Message 8 of 8

Scratch that. I think I found it:

http://www.nabble.com/FF-3-...AJAX-viewer-does-not-load-map-td17972103.html#a18009959

Cheers
Stuart

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report