Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGE 2011: Data Connection SHP / TAB on a remote server

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PascalFRANCOIS6037
607 Views, 1 Reply

MGE 2011: Data Connection SHP / TAB on a remote server

Hello,

I want to make a data connection type SHP or tab to a remote server. To access the remote server, I tested the UNC address and the network drive common to all the organism.

MGE runs with local system account that was added to the LDAP group with the rights in full control on the remote server (only the data relevant directory).

For SHP, so I created a new alias in the serverconfig.ini then restart the service. In MapGuide Studio, when creating a new data connection SHP, I do not see the alias that I just created.

I tried the following recipe: create an alias as a shortcut to the existing remote server: the same result.

With the OGR provider, when I test the connection, I have the following error message:

An exception occurred in FDO component.
Connect failed:

Can you point to with MGE 2011 data on remote servers? If yes, what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Bianca

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Is your alias pointing to a share (\\servername\share) or a folder inside the share (\\servername\share\foldername) ?

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report