Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MGE 2009 Server Installation in Linux (CENTOS 4.5)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rhed
288 Views, 3 Replies

MGE 2009 Server Installation in Linux (CENTOS 4.5)

I am trying to install MGE 2009 Server in Linux (CENTOS 4.5) The installation seems continuous but when i checked in the supposedly installtion directory (/opt/Autodesk/mapguideenterprise2009/server), there is none, however when i install the webserver component, it succesfully installed.

My question is: Is it the Linux version that causes this error? before, i used to install MGE 2008 version in the same version of Linux (just as in different machine).

I did follow the instruction in the included pdf files.

Please help... Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dswilson
in reply to: Rhed

I'm not sure how close to Red Hat 4, CENTOS 4.5 is. I'm guessing you can run the rpm files so it's not too far off. Is there a verbose setting you can use to see if there are errors during the install? Could this be some kind of wierd permissions problem? I'm surprised one works and the other doesn't.

Dave
Message 3 of 4
Rhed

I got it as failed dependencies..

error: Failed dependencies:
libExpressionEngine-3.3.0.so is needed by mapguideenterprise2009-server-2.0.0.3202-1.i386
libFDO-3.3.0.so is needed by mapguideenterprise2009-server-2.0.0.3202-1.i386
libxalan-c.so is needed by mapguideenterprise2009-server-2.0.0.3202-1.i386
libxalanMsg.so.17 is needed by mapguideenterprise2009-server-2.0.0.3202-1.i386
libxerces-c.so.25 is needed by mapguideenterprise2009-server-2.0.0.3202-1.i386

I'll further give a feedback into my achievements in here..But if anyone there got this same issue and how to resolve this, thanks a lot..

Thanks Dave.
Message 4 of 4
dswilson

It looks to me like the FDO SDK was not installed first. I think you have to install FDO before the Server. The Web Extensions doesn't require FDO.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report