Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure Command - 2009 (re-post)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
342 Views, 5 Replies

Measure Command - 2009 (re-post)

Okay-I didn't get any response from the first posting so I thought I would re-post with a little more info and see if someone out there can help.

When we create a map and view it online the viewer has a "Measure" command. Ours is measuring in "Miles", does anyone know how to change it to "Inches"?

This function is very important in our maps so any help would be GREAT!

Thanks,
Kristy
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem. I have some fealers out in other areas so if I hear anything I will let you know.
Message 3 of 6
dswilson

Under your Web Extensions install in your mapviewernet folder there is a measure.aspx or an equivalent in php or jsp.

This is for the Basic Web Layout. You can scroll down in the file and see where it decides on kilometers or miles and edit this so that the default is inches. This would be a server wide change for all layouts. I've never done this so I don't know if more changes are required, but you can start here.

Regards,
Dave
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok. I have been looking at the measure.aspx It looks as if the process is written for meters/kilometers and from there going to miles. My maps coordinate system is FL83-NF and the coordinate display is in feet. My brain is telling me that I need to change the aspx to read feet not meters throughout the complete process.
"distance = srsMap.ConvertCoordinateSystemUnitsToMeters(distance);"

This is the part of the code that starts the process and gives me the idea.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

regards,
deeter
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I got the answer. What the system is doing is converting meters to kilometers and meters to miles. To get it to read in feet I changed the formula from 0.000621371192 to 3.2808399 and am now getting feet.
Dave your location was perfect and as soon as I made the formula change all was well. Thank you

deeter
Message 6 of 6
dswilson

The data in the server is all processed as meters. You shouldn't change that. I think all you need to change is the code that converts the output to miles by multiplying by the factor for the output to be in feet.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report