Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapguide Studio / Symbols

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
M4tt3
886 Views, 4 Replies

Mapguide Studio / Symbols

Hi
I'm running mapguide studio 2009 and currently working with symbols. I have lot´s of symbol definition (XML files), this is after an dwg import. Now I want to import these symbol definition files into a symbol library so I can use them in other layers... Is this possible Thanx. /Mat
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dswilson
in reply to: M4tt3

MG Studio doesn't fully support the use of the new Composite Symbols from XML. The import should have been creating regular symbol library instances instead. I don't believe it's possible to convert the XML symbols to the standard Symbol Library. I believe you can work around this by opening one of the published layers from Map that uses one of the new Symbols, copying the XML, open your other layer and save as XML, edit the other layer replacing the point geometry symbol section and uploading the layer via the Web Tier test pages: http://servername/mapguide2009/mapagent/index.html using the SetResource command.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 5
did_1414

I am having the same problem. Could you tell me how you solved this?
Thanks a lot.
Dorin
Message 4 of 5
alessandro.modica

Very helpful your post!
I have got this problem as main thread explain.
My study is implement a procedural systematic algoritmic that take custom attributes of blocks after an import dwg on mapguide. My objective is create a unique layer that show all blocks with their geometric property (symbol definition included) and on select a just one of this show in a custom area all custom attributes on web.

If I import a dwg I have all geometry of blocks and symbol xml , with an strategic join (add new property class feature) I get all attribute of once block from a custom database persistence (ad example SQL Server) and create an unique layer that contains property result of dwg import and custom attributes from external join.

With you post I understand that is necessary editing manually the xml definition of dwg layer this information join create in another temporary layer.

After this merge (using winmerge compare ad example) I can update mapguide with mapagent setResource feature.

My question is:
Exist a pseudo automatic procedural that applied this merging layer definition about explain above that create a unique layer of mapguide that have got all blocks imported by a dwg document and custom attributes get from an external database font ?

thanks in advances

ale
Message 5 of 5
did_1414

yes, I solved with a combination between MGSE and Maestro ( open source interface).
I defined with MGSE the xml symbols and I imported the definition with Maestro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report