Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapguide Studio 2008, MS SQL 2000, cannot load indexed column as geometry column

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
coolant24
218 Views, 1 Reply

Mapguide Studio 2008, MS SQL 2000, cannot load indexed column as geometry column

Hi, everyone.

I'm having a problem loading a MS SQL 2000 table into MapGuide Studio 2008 Feature Class. I have x, ,y, direction, speed fields in the table. and x,y colums r indexed. I'm trying to load the table though ODBC, but x and y gets automatically recognized as "Key Fields" by MapGuide Studio 2008 and it doesn't let me put them under "X Column", "Y Column". Of course, I can put direction and speed under the Geometry Columns(X Column, Y Column). Is it true that indexed columns cannot be Geometry Column? or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
-anthony
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dswilson
in reply to: coolant24

As far as I know only columns that are part of the primary key get recognized in the Key field. X and Y should also be numeric fields for them to be selectable as Geometry columns. Indexes should not have any affect that I know of.

Regards,
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report