Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide Server Goes Down Often

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
shankarnayagam
1432 Views, 5 Replies

MapGuide Server Goes Down Often

Hi

MapGuide Server goes down often when there is even more than 2 client web browser access, can any load balancing patch or anything can be applied to solve this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Daniel.Du
in reply to: shankarnayagam

Which version are you using? Are you using any custom application when you run into this problem?

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
emluv
in reply to: Daniel.Du

Daniel,

Do you know of any reason this could be happening? I am having the same issue, however, I do not know if it is becase of 2 users accessing the map. I am using a Mapguide Enterprise 2011 Fusion layout and the server is installed on Windows 2008 R2. We do have some custom ColdFusion applications running with the map, not sure if this is the issue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, I am constantly having to reboot the server in order to get the map working again.

Thanks!

Emily

emluv
Message 4 of 6
Daniel.Du
in reply to: emluv

Hi Emily,

If you are using custom code, I'd like to suggest you to chech your code to make sure you release the connection as early as possible.

featureReader.Close() should be called as early as possbile when you finished the reader. Folllowing code snippet demonstrate this process:

MgFeatureReader reader = featureService.SelectFeatures( ­);
try
{
 //¡­.your code here ¡­..
}
finally
{
 Reader.close();
}

Hope this helps some.

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 6

I have a problem: when I view web preview from mapserver I get this message "Session has expired or is invalid. Please log in again"
What can I do?

Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report