Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide Server 2010 is not compatible with Studio 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
523 Views, 4 Replies

MapGuide Server 2010 is not compatible with Studio 2010

I just installed Mapguide Enterprise 2010 on a machine in evaluation mode as a test. I also installed Studio 2010 which is now bundled with the Enterprise edition. The server seems to be working fine and I can log in using the site administrator web site. The mapguide server is running but when I try to log on using Studio 2010 I get this error message:

"MapGuide Server 2.1.0.3001 is incompatible with Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2.1.0.3001. Please upgrade the MapGuide server or connect to a compatible MapGuide Site."

I don't understand. The server and studio are both from the 2010 Enterprise edition. How can they be incompatible?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Its just a guess...but maybe they both can't be installed on the same machine? I have had more problems with MG 2010 so I feel your pain.
Message 3 of 5
dswilson

A couple of customers have reported this problem, but we have never had enough details to resolve it.

The two can be installed on the same machine. What OS are you working with?

Have you had any Beta or earlier versions installed prior to this?

Regards,
Dave
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.

I am running it on a Windows XP Professional SP3 using the IIS default configuration and .NET. I am installing it on this machine to test it out before I try and put it on a server.

Yes I have had previous versions of MapGuide (2008, 2009) on this machine but I uninstalled them before installing 2010.

Hope this helps,
Kosta
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have the same problem with different error message as: "Unexpected error in contacting site URL" when trying to connect from Studio to MGE Server - both locally and thru Intranet.

I just downloaded MGE 2010 lastweek and install as eval as well. I even re-format my system for a clean start.

First - I installed MGE Server/Web/Studio on the same machine (Window XP SP3).
Site Admin works fine - I can load the sample packages with no problem. But I can't connect to Server From Studio.

Then - I installed Studio on a different system (Window Vista 32-bit) - install went well. But when I try to connect to the Server on Window XP - I got the same error. Although - I have no problem connecting the Site Admin thru the browser.

All 3 said to be the same version (Version 2.1.0.3001)

Are we missing something? or ???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report