Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide Measure tool

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
489 Views, 5 Replies

MapGuide Measure tool

I have moved to Mapguide 2009 and the measure tool is not working. This is very important to my users so any ideas on how to fix the problem. I am not using a Fusion template at this time.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you provider more details? Is there an error? Which API are you using .NET/PHP/JAVA? The measure tool works in our test environments on a basic layout.

In case it is somehow data related what coordinate system is your data/map in?

Dave
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Dave
We are working in PHP at this time. In MG 20080 everything was fine and then when we went to 2009 measure stopped working. There is no error message or anything. The other thing that seemed to be gone is the ability to select a line or point feature polygons are fine.
Message 4 of 6
dswilson

Does this happen with the sample applications or only on custom stuff you have or are you not using any custom stuff just creating layouts as is? For the lines and points problem is this for all feature source types SDF, RDBMS etc or one specific type? Are you using IIS or Apache? What browser are you using IE6, IE7 Firefox2?

Dave
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

This is happening across the board with not measuring. Basically I have very little custom stuff yet. The feature source for my lines and points are from a mySQL view. I am using IE7 but one of my coworkers uses FireFox2 and it is also happening there. When I try and use a Fusion Template the measure tool works but I would rather stay with the basic template.
Message 6 of 6
dswilson

Not sure why the behaviour would change, but does the view include the primary key column for the data? A view that doesn't include a primary key will fail to select.

For the measuring can you try changing settings in your browser? Tools/Internet Options/Browsing History/Settings. Change the radio button default to "Every time I visit the webpage". This changes the caching behavior of the browser. This could be a problem.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report