Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide Enterprise 2008-service does not start any more

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
katjaalbrecht
338 Views, 4 Replies

MapGuide Enterprise 2008-service does not start any more

We installed MapGuide Enterprise 2008 Demo and everything worked fine until the MapGuideServer-service stopped for some reason (!?).
Now we can’t restart the service, the error message is: The MapGuide Enterprise 2008 Server on the local computer started and stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do…

Yesterday we changed the recover-options in the service-properties to “restart service” after 1st, 2nd, 3rd error. Maybe this caused the trouble? I undid it, but the service still does not start.

We also checked the value of SiteService in serverconfig.ini, as someone in the OpenSource discussion group suggested in a similar case, the value is set to 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, Katja
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dswilson
in reply to: katjaalbrecht

Run the server from the command line and see what errors occur.

mgserver2008.exe /interactive

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 5

Hi Dave,

something seems to be wrong with the Licensemanager, please see the enclosed screenshot. Is there something I can do about it?

Thanks a lot, Katja
Message 4 of 5
dswilson
in reply to: katjaalbrecht

Since it's a demo it shouldn't be looking for a license manager. You didn't set the IP address or anything in the serverconfig.ini did you? I've never seen that error. Do you have 2007 installed on the same machine? They are supposed to work side by side without issue.

Have you rebooted the machine at all? What OS is the machine?

You might want to try an uninstall and reinstall. Backup the Repositories subtree and your serverconfig.ini before doing so.

Dave
Message 5 of 5

I have rebooted the machine more more than once and didn't set an IP-adress. The OS is WinServer2003 (German).
MapGuide Enterprise 2007 is installed not on the same machine but on another machine in the network as well as flex LM. The reinstall didnt't solve the problem either.
Anyway, we asked our dealer and might get a tempoary license file. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your help, Katja

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report