Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MapGuide and SQL Server attributes only

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
408 Views, 6 Replies

MapGuide and SQL Server attributes only

I have been running into difficulty connecting to SQL server (Attributes only) I am connecting to the database directly through the ODBC FDO provider...when I test the connection the connection is valid but it will not display the tables. I try to make a join to a SDF the same thing it will not show the attribute tables I wish to connect to. If someone has run into a similar situation I would be grateful for some insite.
I am running MS Windows Server 2003 SE, SP1
Intel Xeon CPU 3.00GHz
2 GB RAM
as a virtual machine
Mapguide enterprise 2009 and Studio 2009
SQL SERVER 2005 STANDARD EDITION, VERSION 9.0.3042 SP2
thanks
Nicole Jung
Global CADD Systems
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

After adding the join in your feature source and saving it you have to edit your layer definition for your SDF and change the feature class to use the new joined class to pick up the additional properties.

Dave
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

That's what I would do if I could create the join to begin with. If I select my sdf datsource and edit it...I go to the join section to create the join to my SQL data connection. I cannot see any tables listed to join the SDF to. Even though it says that the join is successful the tables are not visible.

I cannot even get the join to work at this point ...

thanks for your reply
Message 4 of 7
dswilson

I don't think I've ever encountered that. If your ODBC feature source is successfull you should be able to preview that and see your table listings. If that works then selecting that feature source in your join and setting the join key should work.

Is your ODBC Feature source using a DSN connection or a connection string although both should work.

Dave
Message 5 of 7
s.genoud

Hello
i have the same problem with a Oracle ODBC connection. Studio gets a successful connection, but no tables are listed. I can also connect with ms access on this odbc data source and import some data....

Sacha
Message 6 of 7
dswilson

With an Oracle ODBC Connection the User Id in the DSN entry should be the upper case schema owner of the tables you need to join to. Although Oracle supports lower case login of the user id/schema owner, when looking up system tables to find the owner the values are stored in upper case. The login in the feature source connection can be any (upper or lower case) that has access to the tables/views owned by the User Id on the DSN on the server.

Dave
Message 7 of 7
dswilson

For the SQL Server issue something similar might be happening. On the DSN connection at one point there are check boxes and values for the default database. Specify a sql server login that has access to the tables you need. Later there is a setting for the default database. Is it possible that the user id has a default database of master and hence the tables aren't showing? Change this to the database you need to access.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums