Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapguide 6.5 with Windows 2003

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kwiens
363 Views, 2 Replies

Mapguide 6.5 with Windows 2003

We are currently running Mapguide 6.5 (Not Sp1) on Windows 2003 R2 SP1 64 bit edition without issue. We would like to upgrade to Windows 2003 SP2, but have some reservations due to the mapguide install. Should we install Mapguide 6.5 Sp1 first? Any suggestions on this? Anyone else in our situation?

Thanks
Kas
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmaidlow
in reply to: kwiens

Hi Kas,

There is/was an issue with Mapguide 6.5 on windows 2003 SP2. Though I have never tested the x64 edition, i would suggest you run in a test environment for a week or two with some load before you upgrade your existing server to SP2. Its happened to several of my clients and we were not able to resolve it 100% without removing w2k3 SP2.

I came across your post looking to see if Autodesk has fixed this issue prior to upgrading one of my own servers. I just found a post which summarizes a possible solution quite well - but again, i would advise you to test this on a non production server first. It also involves assigning some high powered windows accounts to mapguide which may not be acceptable in some organizations.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5592576
Message 3 of 3
kwiens
in reply to: kwiens

Thanks for the info. We will be putting together a test server, attempting Windows 2003 SP2 (x64) and then installing mapguide 6.5 sp1. I will post the results. I have heard mixed feelings about sp1 breaking the zoom goto functions. Can anyone else confirm this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report