Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapguide 2008 Connect to Oracle

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
278 Views, 5 Replies

Mapguide 2008 Connect to Oracle

I cannot connect to an Oracle 10g data source. The error message Im getting was:
An exception occurred in FDO component. Oracle client must be at least 10g
I already installed an Oracle 10.2.0.3.0 client in the Mapguide server.
What other configuration updates must I do in other to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

I am assuming that is a full oracle client? What is your server OS? Did the install add the path to the Oracle dll's to your system path?

Do you have any older clients installed on the server machine?

Dave
Message 3 of 6
ME140988

We installed a full oracle client 10.2.0.1.0 at the MGE2008 site. The database we are trying to connect to is Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

Our server OS is Windows 2000 SP4.

At the Environment Variables/System Variables, there is an entry--- D:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1\bin.

There are no older clients installed.

Thanks !
Message 4 of 6
dswilson

We encountered a similar error but on XP. For some reason the client installed on a drive other than C was causing problems, but we have yet to determine the reason for the failure. Installed on the C works fine.

Would it be possible to try the instant client instead? In the past we have installed this on both c and secondary drives and this seems to work as long as the path to the dll's is in the system path.

Regards,
Dave
Message 5 of 6
ME140988

Dave, thank you very much for continuing to help me on this problem.

I will check the various installations of Oracle clinets, if there are, in our server.

Does Mapguide2008 Studio also checks and uses also my Oracle Client installed in my workstation? This is because I have several of this clients in my workstation.

Again, thanks you very much !
Message 6 of 6
dswilson

You shouldn't have to worry about clients on the Studio machine as it's the server that does all the connections.

Why the Oracle client on the server sometimes seems to fail when installed on a drive other than c is still a mystery. In some cases it works and in others it doesn't.

Regards,
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report