Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Server Customization

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
swimming123
1342 Views, 1 Reply

Map Server Customization

Hi there,

My project is provide Map Service through internet for over 200 companies and over 1000 layers. We choose Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012. We provide specific map layers for each of customer. Customers can query, select and do some other manipulation based on their needs. Some of Base Map Layers are same. I have the following choices to do the customization:

• Create one Map Layout for each customer. Then I will dupilcate all the  Base Map Layers in each of the Layout; Since we already have 1000 layers, dupulicate layers will add the workload for the server;

• Create one Layout: when each of customer logged in, I turn on the layers based on the customer Id. Other Layers not for this customer will be display:none. So can I control the display layers based on one ID?

Above choices are just my idea. Can you tell me which choice is better? Any suggestion for my case? Thank you very much.

Song

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: swimming123

if there are only one or two layers that you need for each client, then programatically adding the layer makes sense.

if there are a lot of layers, make different maps, and programatically add the map rather than later.

one Web Layout will work for both scenarios

Gordon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report