Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 1 of 2 (1,137 Views)

Map Server Customization

1137 Views, 1 Replies
04-22-2012 12:07 PM

Hi there,

My project is provide Map Service through internet for over 200 companies and over 1000 layers. We choose Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012. We provide specific map layers for each of customer. Customers can query, select and do some other manipulation based on their needs. Some of Base Map Layers are same. I have the following choices to do the customization:

• Create one Map Layout for each customer. Then I will dupilcate all the  Base Map Layers in each of the Layout; Since we already have 1000 layers, dupulicate layers will add the workload for the server;

• Create one Layout: when each of customer logged in, I turn on the layers based on the customer Id. Other Layers not for this customer will be display:none. So can I control the display layers based on one ID?

Above choices are just my idea. Can you tell me which choice is better? Any suggestion for my case? Thank you very much.

Song

Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 2 of 2 (1,097 Views)

Re: Map Server Customization

06-16-2012 03:26 AM in reply to: swimming123
if there are only one or two layers that you need for each client, then programatically adding the layer makes sense.

if there are a lot of layers, make different maps, and programatically add the map rather than later.

one Web Layout will work for both scenarios

Gordon
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.