Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing the MapAgent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
325 Views, 2 Replies

Managing the MapAgent

This refers to an installation of MGE 2008, 2009 may be different.

I've noticed that there are numerous instances (25+) of the MapAgent.Exe being spawned on our web server. Mostly these don't hold much memory but I have noticed some do (0.5GB+) and they don't seem to be cleaned up, at least not frequently.
I must admit I don't fully understand when these processes are spawned and how they are managed. But it's clear that they need to be managed better. Is there some configuration changes I should make to the web site? Currently .fcgi is configured for "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2008\WebServerExtensions\www\mapagent\isapi_fcgi.dll"

Perhaps I should I be looking at setting up a batch job to kill them periodically?

There is a similar issue with the php-cgi.exe processes, which I assume are being spawned when the site administrator application is being used (as the PHP development environment has not been enabled).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Keith
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Keith.Campbell1 wrote:
> I've noticed that there are numerous instances (25+) of the MapAgent.Exe being spawned on our web server.

That seems like a lot. FastCGI should limit the number of executables
running to 4-5 per worker process. If you're running the MapAgent from
multiple websites, that could give you this kind of effect.

This shouldn't happen with 2009 because it has been switched to ISAPI
modules for both PHP and the MapAgent.

Jason
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Jason.

Yes,we are running multiple websites. I'll look into fastCGI configuration to see if things can be improved.

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report