Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer - URL Activated for Feature

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
bhenning
1235 Views, 15 Replies

Layer - URL Activated for Feature

Is there a work around for requiring "Ctrl + Click" to activate layer URL Features? I would like the ability to load the feature URL on item selection instead of requiring the user to "Ctrl + Click".

I am able to specify a "URL Activated for feature:" in the MapGuide Studio Layer Editor and specify "Open feature URL hyperlinks in this target interface" on the Web Layout Editor page without any issues. The only problem is the "Ctrl - Click".

Thanks,
Brandon
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
bhenning
in reply to: bhenning

Never mind. I found a workaround for this functionality.

Thanks,
Brandon
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

What is the workaround for this functionality?

I am attempting to select numerous polygons on a MGOS intranet map page, to link another database via the URL. However, when I complete the "Control-Click", MGOS only returns the documents linked to 1 of the Polygons, although numerous Polygons have been selected.

Would your "Control-Click" workaround allow for multiple polygons (features) to be selected on MGOS web map, then processed as multiple "URL Activated for Feature" in one go, rather than just processing one feature at a time??

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Perry
Message 4 of 16
bhenning

I added additional script to the properties control .templ file in the MapGuide www directory that opens a specified URL in a custom iframe object in addition to populating the Properties in the properties pane when an object is selected.

A possible solution for you would be to loop through all of the selected polygons using the MapGuide API. This is relatively easy to do and there is a decent example in the MapGuide documentation.

Thanks,
Brandon
Message 5 of 16
techswami100

Hi
i want to do the exactly the same. could you please tell me in detail where exactly you change and what script you added to control.tmpl
if you can share the script that would be real helpful

thanks
T
Message 6 of 16
techswami100

hi

i was trying to find the control.tmpl did not find one
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

I think they are referring to the propertyctrl.templ file in the C:\Program
Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\WebServerExtensions\www\viewerfiles
directory.

Andy

wrote in message news:5435124@discussion.autodesk.com...
hi

i was trying to find the control.tmpl did not find one
Message 8 of 16
bhenning

I am on vacation until 1/2/2007 so I will not have access to the exact script until then.

I think that the template filename is propertyctrl.templ and I added a javascript function that opens a specified page in a custom iframe object. The function is called directly after the properties are written to the properties pane.

When I get back in the office I will be able to provide you with more detail.

Thanks,
Brandon
Message 9 of 16
techswami100

Hi
thanks for response .
thanks andy for your response too.

T
Message 10 of 16
techswami100

Hi
hope you had a good vacation. can you please send me the script to see the properties in custom iframe
Message 11 of 16
bhenning

I have attached the functions that I added to the propertyctrl.templ to load a page inside a custom frame when a map object is clicked.

In addition you may want to add the code to close the streamreader in the LoadTemplate function in the common.aspx page or you will have issues replacing the templ file:
Message 12 of 16
techswami100

Hi Thanks for getting this . let me try this right away

thanks in million
T
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

Brandon,
thank you for the information.

"For the loop through all of the selected polygons using the MapGuide API", which MapGuide Document shows the decent example?

Many thanks,
Perry
Message 14 of 16
bhenning

Perrry,

Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2007 Developers Guide on page 47 (Chapter 3 - Working With the Active Selection).

The example is in PHP but I was able to convert it to C# without any major issues.

Brandon
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Brandon,

Many many thanks for this info! I will put it to good use.

Cheers Perry
Message 16 of 16
lihao5000

Hi I have use URL Activated Feature funtion , it is fine, However, recently , I have layer which contains 20 attributes , I want tio capture all those attributes , but this function only allowed me capture 11 atrributes . Any way I can capture ( Ctr and Click)  more then 11 attributs?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report