Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large DWG file to AIMS 2014 limitations?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tecatito155
477 Views, 6 Replies

Large DWG file to AIMS 2014 limitations?

I want to load a DWG file into AIMS 2014 through Studio. I successfully loaded some small files(2MB) previously as test but now I have a really huge DWG file(153MB) and whenever I try to load it the process just stops and sends some error message, so I'm wondering if there is any file size limitations or is it dependant on the hardware?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DEVR1105
in reply to: tecatito155

Hi, you may have to increase either IIS size limitations or the PHP size limitations...

A quick google search found this for IIS (http://ajaxuploader.com/large-file-upload-iis-asp-net.htm)

For PHP: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server Extension 2016\Php\php.ini

In the INI you need to increase the

upload_max_filesize = 20M
post_max_size = 20M

so you can pass large files...

Message 3 of 7
tecatito155
in reply to: DEVR1105

Thanks for the answer. I increased the size limitations as suggested. I'm able to see the Map but it takes very long time and as soon as I try to do any action on it such as zoom in/out or just pan, it becomes almost unresponsive. Is there any other configuration that I might be missing?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
gluckett

Yes, large dwgs and dwfs are a struggle in AIMS.
At this point I would consider moving those DWG based layers into the Tiled Layers so that they are cached and really fast.

Message 5 of 7
tecatito155
in reply to: gluckett

Sounds good, however, our map is gonna be updated constanly, in other words, I'm gonna be editing the dwg often and re-uploading it to the server so I don't want to spend lot of time "redoing" those tiled layers every time I update my dwg. Also, I tested with other file sizes, everything from 50MB to 1MB and sadly it only works correctly or acceptable until I come down to 5MB at least. Do you have any other suggestion that could help me out on this?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
gluckett

Unfortunately, the DWG component is really a new FDO Provider (a couple of years) and I don't think there has been much effort in making it high-performance.  

It would be great to say to anyone who uses a Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server can serve up their DWGs to the web.  Technically true, but functionally difficult, as you have seen with the performance.

Indexing the DWGs would be great - I have loaded DWGs with the DWG load procedure, and then copied the connection definition into an UNMANAGED ALIAS so I only have to copy the DWG to a directory rather than running a load procedure every time.

Unfortunately I had to use MapGuide Maestro.   I really hope a lot of the features in Maestro are moved into Autodesk Infrastructure Studio so that I don't need two studios to do everything I need.

Message 7 of 7
tecatito155
in reply to: gluckett

I found out that most content of the map(layers) is working as base map. I mean that, let's say that 80% of the map is composed of layers that are gonna be static, they won't change in the future when I re-upload the dwg, so, what I'm trying to do now is that I'm gonna upload those base map layers as DWF and then on top of them I'm gonna set the layers that won't be static and that I need to interact with(click on them and view their properties for example). 

As I uploaded my "base map" layers as DWF(2MB size) , I noticed that the image becomes corrupted(?). It seems that the lines weight of all objects is increased and the drawing becomes, of course, wrongly displayed as shown in the attached image.

Is there any other way that I could set those 'base map' layers as 'dumb' background?

Thanks in advance.

baseMaplayer.PNG

Image. Scrrenshot from Studio as I try to see a preview of the layer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums