Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMZ/KML redline downloads are empty files in WGS84.PseudoMercator

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
behr
1008 Views, 9 Replies

KMZ/KML redline downloads are empty files in WGS84.PseudoMercator

Hello, 

I can't seem to get a KMZ or KML redline downlaod that has any content. It is an empty file and does not even zoom in. If I change the map definition to anything else, the redline seems to work though the Bing map projection is off the coast off Africa as all my files are converted to the WGS84.PseudoMercator. 

Is there some sort of configeration file that I need to modify?

At my company, much of the staff uses Google Earth KMZ files so it is of great importance that the KMZ redlines that are output from AIMS work. Right now the KML/KMZ buttons just put out empty files.

Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
behr
in reply to: behr

I have been digging and have found nothing on the issue. It just doesn't work at all. 

Message 3 of 10
gluckett

Is your source data in WGS84.PseudoMercator too? Or just the Map?

I would try with data (files etc) that are converted to WGS84 first..
Message 4 of 10
behr
in reply to: gluckett

Hello gluckett,

Thank you for responding.

Both the map definition and the data files are in WGS84.PseudoMercator. 

Message 5 of 10
jackie.ng

Could you export and attach an example of the redline data store that is causing this issue?

- Jackie

Message 6 of 10
behr
in reply to: jackie.ng

Thank you for replying. By data store, I am assuming you are refering to the SDF file? It seems to work. 

Message 7 of 10
behr

This is from my support case.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infrastructure-map-server/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sf...

Jackie, I can send you a package somehow if you get a chance to look into it. I can't post the data for the world to see as it is sensitive. I found your blog and it appears that you are quite an able programmer. Smiley Happy

Basically, it is just a map in  WGS84.PseudoMercator with the map definition in the same WGS84.PseudoMercator with some commercial layers turned on and some scale dependencies set. 

Autodesk support has seen the package and had the same issue. 

What I think is going on is that something in the background wants to convert the redline to WGS84.PseudoMercator but it cant since it is already in WGS84.PseudoMercator. I have done allot of digging but have found nothing to support my suspicion.

The SDF download seems to work fine in AutoCAD Map. We are heavy users of Google Earth Pro at my office and no doubt the KMZ download needs to be something more than a joke. 

So far, I don't even know what tree to bark up.

Thank you, 

Behr

Message 8 of 10
jackie.ng

You could try this, and see if it resolves your issue

Download: http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion/export/2878/trunk/widgets/Redline/classes/markupmanager.php

Save it to the $FUSION_INSTALL\widgets\Redline\classes directory and overwrite the existing markupmanager.php file (make a backup of the original just in case)

- Jackie

Message 9 of 10
behr
in reply to: jackie.ng

Thank you Jackie!

It works!

Message 10 of 10
behr

Just to add. I restarted my Infrastructure Map Sever service on my server. I did not try the fix without doing that.

Just so glad to see that it works. 

Thank you again Jackie. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report