Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining MGE 2009 geometry and Oracle table

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vese
219 Views, 1 Reply

Joining MGE 2009 geometry and Oracle table

Hi.

I'm trying to join MGE geometry object to Oracle table using string fields. i haven't succeeded yet. Both fields' type is String (254).

Is it even possible to do this kind of join? I have previously succeeded in joining integer fields from MySQL to MGE 2009.

Another question I'm wondering is which row does MGE 2009 displays when using one-to-many join in MGE. I have one geometry element joined to several database table rows.

Regards,
Vese
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dswilson
in reply to: vese

Although in theory it should be possible, issues like case sensitivity, spaces, nulls etc often cause problems in joining strings. The data must be identical between the sources for this to work. You should confirm FDO sees both datatypes as the same by doing a feature source preview of your primary source and I'm guessing the ODBC connection to your Oracle data to ensure the column types match.

A integer field is usally better both from a performance perspective and dependability perspective (you avoid all the possible string issues).

Regards,
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report