Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Text and blocks into MapGuide from Spatial

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
206 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Text and blocks into MapGuide from Spatial

I'm struggling trying to import left and center justified text into MapGuide from an Oracle Spatial db (created from an Autodesk MAP drawing). I can create a new text layer and only get some of the text. If I create a new point layer for my blocks, I get the remaining text. I presume that Oracle is storing the text as two different data types, but how does one go about extracting both forms of text? Are there any technical docs on this subject? Similarly, I cannot seem to get my blocks (which I thought would be points) to appear in MapGuide. Again, any tech documents on this issue? From reading the group it looks like I'll have a rotation issue next. Thanks, David
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello David

The text problem is caused by the way Map stores text into Spatial. Map stores I posted this in the post "rephrase: TEXT in Oracle Spatial....AUTODESK" from 01 oct last year.

Map stores Left justified text as SDO-POINT, the way Mapguide expects it's to be.
Center justified is stored by map as sdo_polyline.

Didn't got any discussion reply by Autodesk on it.

You can check this via mapguide: create a polyline layer on your text feature table.
Query your text features via SQL+

Good luck

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report