Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the properties page displayed in the print form

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Sanjeev019
867 Views, 2 Replies

How to get the properties page displayed in the print form

Dear Sir,

I was trying out the printing and felt that we need to have a customized Printable form. By default, the print form uses the Legend, North Arrow and Page Title. I am OK with the last two - North Arrow and the Page Title. But instead of the legend, I want to display the properties value in the print form.

Please help me do it.

Any supporting codes will be very helpful along with screen shots, if possible

Regards
Sanjeev Khanikar
+91-99575-36542

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sanjeev019
in reply to: Sanjeev019

Can somebody, please HELP me out?

Message 3 of 3
janechii
in reply to: Sanjeev019

This would be quite an involved task, because the default printing facility is quite weak, you will have to essentially create your own. Are you using Fusion or AJAX viewer?

if you're using Fusion, see .../webserverextensions/www/fusion/widgets/Print*

and in AJAX, .../webserverextensions/www/mapviwerphp/printablepage*

This is how it works currently. Unfortunately, there is no way to pull properties with the current scripts. You'll have to write some code. Here's some guideline. Sorry I wont be able to guide you in details, but if you have specific questions, feel free to ask. By "properties", i am assuming you mean the properties of the current selections on the map?

In Fusion, use the Fusion JavaScript API to get the data of the current selection and pass them to the widget php script (.../Print/printablepage.php), then modify the .templ file to display those data.

In AJAX viewer, use the MapGuide API, write php code (probably in the printablepage.php) to retreive current selection (should depend on the session id), get the properties, then in the viewerfiles directory, find the .templ and modify to display the properties.

Just study how it works currently, and you'll get the idea.

Good luck!

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report