Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Coordinate System

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
flakesns
843 Views, 5 Replies

How to add Coordinate System

My coordinate system was not in list. How to add new coordinate system.
I'm using Mapguide Enterprise and Mapguide Studio 2009, Win XP platform.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dswilson
in reply to: flakesns

If your coordinate system is not in the list you can't add it using MGE.

But, if your data is SHP data, uploading the files to the server as SHP will use the associated WKT string in the .prj file. If you upload and convert it to SDF it should also retain the WKT string. If you add the SHP/SDF to a new map it should detect the WKT from the data and use that even though it isn't in your list. That will be fine if you don't have any raster images. The raster images would require a Spatial Context Override and your entry won't exist. You would either have to use an image format that includes the WKT such as GeoTiff or ECW (and possibly mrSID).

I'm not completely sure on this, but if you have a copy of Map 3D 2009 they have a feature to add coordinate systems. You would then have to copy the modified Mentor libraries to the server (and any Studio machine that needs it.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 6
amy7891

http://www.mapguide.com/help/ver6/pdf/en/MGSHPProviderGuide.pdf

Look under the 'matching SHP and MWF coordinate systems' section

I've found this really useful for working out coordinate systems. It might be in the list, just under a name you don't recognise.
Message 4 of 6
dbailey

Dave,

I have created a custom coordinate system in Map3D for my county (they shift the base point from ID83-WF and set a constant elevation projection for the center of the county) and it works fine - I am wondering if you can tell me how to copy the "Mentor" libraries you discuss in your post to MGE2009 and MG Studio 2009?

I can make the map work as you suggested below or I can fake it out and override the coordinate system to ID83-WF for the data resources and then tell the map that it has an ID83-WF coordinate system - It displays coordinates matching the local custom coordinate system but thinks they are ID83-WF. This works for my raster images also. The problem then becomes that if I have statewide or adjacent county data in a documented coordinate system like ID83-WF and I add it to the map, it doesn't line up properly.

Thank you,

David Bailey
Message 5 of 6
dswilson

Hey David,

if you look under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems on your Map install you should see 4 *.csd files.

Based on the dates you should see which ones were modified. Copy these to the same folder of your MGE Server and Studio installs. Back up the old ones of course!

I believe this should work.

Cheers,
Dave
Message 6 of 6
dbailey

Thank you - that worked perfectly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report